First Churches of Northampton
Barrier-Free Access Improvements
Renovations and addition to the 1880’s historically significant Neo-Gothic Revival Church permitted barrier-free access from Center Street into the building. Work included construction of an exterior ramp with canopy and a new hydraulic elevator. The exterior ramp system was designed to blend with the nineteenth century brownstone architecture and improve access to two existing entries with a common canopy. Extensive interior demolition and excavation was required to facilitate the construction of a new 2500 lb. capacity passenger elevator which serves four floor levels.
Addition & Renovation